Dean Harrison – Counselling Psychologist (BSc, GradCertBusAdmin, MA, MCounsPsy, MAPS, MCCOUNP).
Dean is a Member of the Australian Psychological Society’s College of Counselling Psychologists. He served as Chair of the NSW College of Counselling Psychologists. He has held registration as a Psychologist since 1990. He has Masters training in Counselling Psychology. He is endorsed with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Counselling Psychologist reflecting advanced skills in training with regard to psychological assessment and therapeutic interventions.
Dean has worked in senior clinical leadership (executive level) roles in State and Federal government agencies and private practice for over 25 years. Clinical experience includes:
- Psychological assessment and therapy in private practice for a range of psychological presentations and mental health conditions for clients throughout the lifespan,
- Critical incidents, ‘return to work’ psychological assessments, recruitment (selection interviews and psychological testing) and psychological health reviews for special services/high risk areas and general duty officers in NSW Police (Workforce and Careers and Health Services Directorate),
- Employee and foster carer support, grief and bereavement counselling, critical incident responses, executive psychological consultation and reviews relating to Child Deaths and Allegations Against Employees (Department of Community Services),
- Inpatient and community rehabilitation (brain injury, geriatrics and general rehabilitation) at NSW Health (Westmead Hospital and Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney),
- Psychological counselling for sleep problems and sexual health issues,
- Psychological assessment and counselling services for behavioural, learning, educational and career purposes in a paediatric neurologist medical practice and tertiary education institution,
- Extensive experience in leading high performing teams, coaching and staff support,
- Psychological consultation and organisational risk assessment for forensic psychology issues (NSW Health, NSW Police, DoCS and Department of Human Services), and
- Innovative leadership, support and training for people with an intellectual, physical and/or sensory deficits for charitable organisations.
Dean is endorsed as a supervisor by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. He has extensive experience as a field supervisor for intern and post-graduate psychologists studying Organisational, Forensic and Counselling Psychology.
Mentoring and consultation for professionals, employees and workplaces is also provided to assist in managing workplace difficulties or to optimise engagement, performance, individual success and business outcomes.