Dr Melissa Keogh is a clinical psychologist who brings a warm and empathic style to the therapeutic relationship. She is also a writer/columnist for Kidspot.com.au - Australia's number one parenting website- and a media commentator and has held full registration as a clinical psychologist since 2003.
In her clinical work Dr Keogh specialises in the clinical assessment and treatment of a range of psychological conditions in children (5-12yrs), teenagers and adults, including:
1. Anxiety disorders such as generalised anxiety, social phobia, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, OCD and separation anxiety disorder;
2. Mood disorders such as depression, dysthymia and bereavement;
3. Eating disorders, particularly bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, EDNOS and weight restored Anorexia Nervosa;
4. Relationship and couple issues;
3. Childhood anxiety, depression and behavioural disorders such as AD/HD and Opposiitonal Defiant Disorder (ODD)
4. Anger management,
5. Sleep disorders,
6. Stress management
7. Assertivness training, and;
8. Self esteem and body image issues.
As a commercial media consultant Dr Keogh has worked as a spokesperson for 20th Century Fox (Gone Girl DVD release), Microsoft/Channel 9 (Mi9), Sleepmaker, and Singapore Tourism Board.
She has also provided comment for THE PROJECT (Channel 10), The Daily Edition (Ch7), Weekend SUNRISE, The Morning Show (Ch 7) 2UE (Sydney), Denis Walter & 3AW (Melbourne), Richard Stubbs & 774 ABC, news.com.au (including The Daily Telegraph, The Herald Sun & The Australian online), THE AGE, newyorkpost.com, and Cosmopolitan, CLEO, & Good Health Magazine.