Do you find that your relationship is no longer fulfilling? Perhaps you are constantly fighting over the small things? Are you wondering how your relationship got to this point?
You can restore your relationship and get back to that place you miss with your partner.
Working with a counsellor that specialises in relationships means that you are getting the best help available to achieve your relationship goals.
Counselling can be confronting if you have never tried it before. I always suggest to clients that you try one session and see if it is a good fit for you.
About me, well, I am a fully qualified and registered professional counsellor who specialises in working primarily with relationships and low self-esteem. Through relationship work we may identify other issues underlying such as low self-esteem and anger. Together we work to alter these issues to support the creation of a healthy relationship.
To create a strong, healthy relationship we identify what isn't working and with a combination of counselling and coaching - learning effective relationship techniques - together we fix problems and achieve your relationship goals.
I offer a supportive environment with a respectful and warm attitude to helping you explore yourself, your past experiences and your current situation. I am a member of the Australian Counselling Association and have majors in Relationship Counselling and Conflict Resolution as well as Child Development and Effective Parenting.
What I offer that is different?
- I am available to help you between sessions if you need the extra support (via email), at no cost. Most counselling services will not provide support outside of paid sessions.
- I offer a range of after-hours appointments and will, whenever possible, try to accommodate your needs.
- I help you to set clear strategies to move forward so you don’t feel that you are “just talking” and getting nowhere.
- I help you to learn communication skills that are necessary for a good relationship.
- Clients come first. You are offered complete support in an empathetic and non-judgemental environment to explore how you can get the change you need.
- Life experience is an incredibly important aspect of being an effective counsellor. Through facing some significant challenges in my own life, I understand how low you can feel and how impossible change can seem. Through my life experiences I have learnt how to change my life to make it one that is truly fulfilling. Through my experience I am well placed to help you too.
- You will find it easy to talk freely of the problems you are experiencing. Often is is a relief to finally be able to talk to someone who really cares but will not judge or force opinions on you. Someone who ‘gets it’ and can then apply their professional knowledge to your situation to help you.